GALLERY 1 - ASSEMBLAGES BY ROBERTA

GALLERY 3 - Love One Another - Activism In Art

Friday, February 22, 2019

Reuniting my Aunt with her childhood teddybear

This is my Aunt, as a child, with her teddy bear.  My Grandmother, her mother, had saved it, and kept it in the room that was my Aunt's for years and years after she had married and moved from town.

When my Grandmother died, my Aunt didn't want the extra things, but my Mom kept it along with other remembrances.

When my Mom died, we split up family things, and I took the teddy bear.  Going through bins of old family photos, I found this one.  Since I had the bear, I decided to put it into a shadow box type of assemblage along with the photo, and added a ladybug, which are favorite's of my Aunt's too.  I gifted to her on her 92nd birthday.

She loved it, and when I was hanging it in her bedroom, she noticed that the chair in the photo she is sitting on, was the same childhood chair she had in her bedroom now too!  It was fun giving her back this childhood treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment