GALLERY 1 - ASSEMBLAGES BY ROBERTA

GALLERY 3 - Love One Another - Activism In Art

Monday, January 20, 2020

Santos Angel Renovation


Adding wings to eyes to add to wings
The Santos as purchased
I purchased this awesome Santos Angel at a local craft/antique mall.  It is a reproduction, but I loved it, and knew I wanted to do more to it as soon as I saw it!  So following are photos of when I first brought it home, and some of the things I've done to renovate it more.  I will be adding more things to the skirt as time goes on... stay tuned!


Partially done enhancing the wings,
with winged eyeballs, and moss, bark,
and small stones.
Added some rosaries.
The reason I added eyes to the wings comes from a scripture verse from
Added part of a
stained glass piece with
a peacock feather embedded
inside it, as a breastplate.
And a keyhole to the skirt.
the Book of Revelation 4:6-8, "Around the throne, and on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind: the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with a face like a human face, and the fourth living creature like a flying eagle.  And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and inside. Day and night without ceasing they sing,
“Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God the Almighty, who was and is and is to come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment